Eagle Spotlight is a new segment on the website created by the Broadcast Journalism Class. Mr. Luke Goff has been chosen by Mrs.C for this segment. We asked Mr. Goff some questions to see what his interests are and what he plans to do for the future.
1. Mr. Goff, what brings you to Tremont?
- In our college class, our last step of the program is to have experience in the classroom. I chose to come to Itawamba County because I live nearby.
2. Where are you attending college? What degree do you hope to complete?
- I am a senior at Mississippi State University. When I graduate I will have a bachelor's degree in secondary education with a concentration in Social Studies.
3. What is your favorite part of school life here at Tremont up to this point?
- I enjoy interacting with the students and actually being able to teach instead of learning about teaching. I also like the small school environment.
4. Why did you choose to become an educator?
- I had a teacher when I was in school that was like a mentor and I hope to be that example to other students. I want to make an impact.
5. What is your most embarrassing high school moment?
- My most embarrassing high school moment was when I was a sophomore and I was playing baseball. During the game, I missed a ball in the outfield and I got mad. I threw my glove down and the coach made me change positions on the field.
6. What do you do in your spare time?
- I play/coach church league and recreational softball. I also teach Sunday school at my church and play golf.
7. What is your favorite food?
- I like chicken spaghetti.
8. What is your favorite movie?
- I like both Saving Private Ryan and Dark Night Rises.
9. What is your favorite book?
- I like the book Band of Brothers.
10. What is your favorite quote?
- "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child. When I became a man, I put away childish things." - 1 Corinthians 13:11